Everywhere I turn, people are expressing horror about the state of our world. So much overconsumption, so much cruelty and abuse, so much anger and hate.
Many naively exacerbate the problem by spewing more anger and hate at those who they feel are the cause of all of our problems.
This reaction does NOT work. It does nothing to help our world and each other.
So what do we do?
My belief is that love is the only medicine available to heal the hate that surrounds us.
Hate is learned. Hate is a habit.
We don’t change this by proselytizing about our opinions of what someone else needs to start doing or stop doing. We can only change this by our example.
We are deeply impacted when we Choose Love in our daily lives. People are deeply impacted by witnessing another’s act of love and kindness. I don’t know of a greater power.
If you are interested in “Being the Change” and adding more love to our hurting world, below are some great starter ideas.
- Watch this inspiring video to give you some great ideas
- When you start to feel irritated with a driver, practice feeling compassion. Wonder to yourself if perhaps they are having a horrible day.
- Compliment an employee and offer words of encouragement.
- Leave a nice note with your server.
- Clean-up a mess that isn’t yours.
- Take time to be sweet to children and the elderly.
- Leave a tip for your hotel maid.
- Write a thank you note to someone who impresses you.
- Challenge yourself to be an example of LOVE each and every day.
Wishing for love and peace for all!